From June 19-20, the True Colors Fund will participate in Point Source Youth’s First National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness.
Hosted in collaboration with the McSilver Institute for Poverty Policy and Research and the NYU Silver School of Social Work and sponsored by the National Alliance to End Homelessness, the conference will focus on launching solutions and systems that work. As is the case in any job (but especially in our work end youth homelessness) time and resources are limited. So, if we’re going to be successful, we need to be investing in strategies that work!
We’re proud to say that the True Colors Fund will be represented at the conference in a number of ways:
- Strategy Advisor Jama Shelton is a member of the conference planning committee and is speaking.
- Chief Program Officer Ian Ellasante will be moderating a panel on systems level approaches to ending youth homelessness – with a special focus on community-level work. Read up on our work in Grand Rapids for an example of community success!
- Eva Thibaudeau, Director of the Houston Coalition for the Homeless and winner of our True Leader Award at the 2016 40 to None Summit will also be speaking!
The conference will be held June 19th 9-4pm and June 20th 9-4pm at the Rosenthal Pavilion at Kimmel Center, New York University Rosenthal Pavilion at Kimmel Center, and will includes panels on:
- Family Strengthening
- Rapid Rehousing for Youth
- Strengthening Youth Homeless Systems
- Effective Youth Job Training
- Short Term Host Homes
- Role of Philanthropy
- The Federal Response to Youth Homelessness
- Causes of Youth Homelessness
- And more!