IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Law & Policy
- Enact state law that allows youth in need of supervision to receive services without court involvement.
- Implement a grievance process for students experiencing homelessness that complies with federal law.
- Create a comprehensive statewide plan to end homelessness that includes a strategy to prevent and end youth homelessness and LGBTQ youth homelessness.
- Create a state entity - such as an Office of Homeless Youth Services - that focuses solely on designing, implementing, and evaluating youth homelessness programs.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.