IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Law & Policy
- Implement a grievance process for students experiencing homelessness that complies with federal law
- Allow unaccompanied youth under 18 to apply for health insurance coverage on their own
- Update the current state plan to end youth homelessness to provide a specific strategies towards preventing and ending LGBTQ youth homelessness.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Ban controversial and ineffective service provision that includes conversion therapy.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in child welfare and runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.