Law & Policy
- Enact regulations which explicitly allow partial and alternative school credit accrual for homeless youth.
- Declassify running away as a status or delinquent offense.
- Enact a law or regulation which allows unaccompanied youth under 18 to apply for health insurance coverage without parental consent.
- As part of the state plan to prevent and end youth homelessness, include a strategy to address homelessness among LGBTQ youth.
- Create a state entity - such as an Office of Homeless Youth Services - that focuses solely on designing, implementing, and evaluating youth homelessness programs.
- Amend regulations to allow minors to obtain state-issued identification without parental consent.
- Organize and maintain a self-governing youth action board or council to inform youth homelessness policy within the state.
- Ban controversial and ineffective service provision that includes conversion therapy.