Law & Policy
- Establish a formal process for emancipation.
- Provide cash incentives for youth who graduate high school or earn a GED.
- Explicitly allow homeless youth to use SNAP to buy hot restaurant or prepared meals.
- Implement a statewide housing needs assessment that identifies groups at greatest risk for homelessness.
- Organize and maintain a self-governing youth action board or council to inform youth homelessness policy within the state.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.