IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Law & Policy
- Establish a formal process for emancipation.
- Pass laws and regulations that promote access to higher education for youth experiencing homelessness.
- Allow unaccompanied youth to consent to mental health treatment.
- As part of the state plan to prevent and end youth homelessness, include a strategy to address homelessness among LGBTQ youth.
- Organize and maintain a self-governing youth action board or council to inform youth homelessness policy within the state.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Ban controversial and ineffective service provision that includes conversion therapy.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.