IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
Law & Policy
- Enact a state law that allows youth in need of supervision to receive services without court involvement.
- Pass legislation that gives youth experiencing homelessness some contract rights.
- Implement a grievance process for students experiencing homelessness that complies with federal law.
- Create a system within the State Department of Transportation to address proof of residency requirements to receive a state-issued identification card.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Ban controversial and ineffective service provision that includes conversion therapy.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in juvenile justice and runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.