Law & Policy
- Enact regulations which explicitly allow partial and alternative school credit accrual for homeless youth.
- Establish a formal process for emancipation.
- Enact regulations which explicitly allow unaccompanied youth under 18 to apply for health insurance coverage without parental consent.
- Create a system within the State Department of Transportation to address proof of residency requirements to receive a state-issued identification card.
- As part of the state plan to prevent and end youth homelessness, include a strategy to address homelessness among LGBTQ youth.
- Require training about sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, healthy sexual development, or issues specific to LGBTQ youth for staff working in runaway and homeless youth systems.
- Promote safe and inclusive environments in runaway and homeless youth programs by providing protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Ban controversial and ineffective service provision that includes conversion therapy.