Law & Policy
- Enact a law that allows youth in need of care to receive services without court involvement.
- Mandate transition planning for children exiting the juvenile justice system and ensure that this planning specifically addresses housing needs.
- Require permanency planning for committed adjudicated youth.
- Provide transportation home to youth and young adults after discharge from the juvenile justice system.
- Update District law or regulation to ensure that youth can obtain district-issued identification cards without parental consent.