4 Ways to Get Your Hands Dirty at the Impact Summit.
It’s called the Impact Summit for a reason.
September 4-5 | Washington, D.C.
The Impact Summit brings together real-life superheroes using their powers for good – that includes young people, service providers, advocates, funders, policymakers, and more!
A lot of learning happens at our Impact Summit, but a lot of doing happens too! So roll up your sleeves! Here are 4 ways to your hands dirty at this year’s Impact Summit:
1. Stretch your wings at Early Bird Check-In.
The early bird gets the worm! And by worm, we mean refreshments, games… and a first look at our new Impact Summit Experience Hall (more on that later)! Be sure to check-in Tuesday night to pick up your conference materials, take advantage of our pre-conference programming, and hang out with your fellow attendees. Book your hotel room now using our special Summit rate!
2. Celebrate success and shake your tailfeather at the Opening Reception.
Everyone’s favorite part of the summit is back with even more exciting performances and awards. This year, we’ve partnered with some of Washington, D.C.’s most talented artists and community organizations to provide an experience that you won’t soon forget! Don’t miss your opportunity to laugh, dance, sing, and celebrate with your colleagues in the movement.
3. Roll up your sleeves in the Experience Hall.
The theme of 2019’s Summit is UNITY + ACTION = IMPACT. And this year, we’re hosting an Experience Hall that’s all about action.
The Experience Hall is a space to:
- Get creative with the National Youth Forum on Homelessness on a collaborative community art project.
- Interact with new learning technologies. You know our online Learning Community? We’re bringing it to life!
- Gear up for our Hill Day. Become the best advocate you can be!
- Werk. Learn how to strike a pose at an Intro to Vogue and Runway workshop. We didn’t come to play… we came to slay!
- Make memories with old and new friends using our photo booth!
- Take a breather. We’ll have a mindfulness coach to help you recharge before getting back to the action.
The Experience Hall will be open Tuesday night for Early Bird Check-In and on Wednesday and Thursday during the Summit.
4. Make your impact on Capitol Hill.
The Impact Summit will culminate with our first-ever Hill Day where attendees will meet with their elected officials, flex their advocacy muscles, and make an impact at the national level.
Our voices are louder when we speak out together. So let’s take this opportunity while we’re in our nation’s capital to speak with members of Congress and their staff about policies that will create real change in the lives of youth experiencing homelessess.
So, are you ready?
That’s just a sneak peek into the fun workshops and interactive activities across both days of the Summit. And if you haven’t registered for the Summit yet, what are you waiting for? Get yourself registered! We can’t wait to see you there!