True Colors United is currently hiring the following positions:
Associate Program Director, Creative Design & Production
True Colors United is seeking an Associate Program Director who is eager to join a collaborative team at a fast-growing organization committed to social justice and equity. This is an exciting opportunity to drive creative direction within a non-profit organization and make a real difference in the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth experiencing homelessness across the country.
True Colors United develops and implements solutions at the community level to prevent youth homelessness, while ensuring that any homelessness experienced is rare, brief, and one-time. Through our Training & Education program area, we collaborate with communities and service providers to ensure LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness have access to the inclusive and affirming services they need. The Associate Program Director will work with the Training & Education Program Director to develop, produce, and design tools and resources (toolkits and courses) for service providers across the country that support LGBTQ young people in their programs.
The Associate Program Director will be responsible for overall management and creative direction of True Colors United’s programmatic work including the Learning Community, an online portal for organizations and communities to access resources and track their inclusion efforts. This person will lead the creative direction for all content developed for the learning community (video courses, toolkits, documents). Additionally, this position will include managing technology (Salesforce, LearnDash, Survey Monkey, Gravity Forms) integrations/configurations and working with communications staff to create a marketing strategy and materials for programs specific projects.
Collaborating closely with other program staff, the Associate Program Director will also lead the production of videos and resources (i.e. toolkits and online training videos) available in the True Colors Learning Community.
The position calls for an innovative, driven, fun personality that is passionate about creating meaningful change. The applicant should have a strong interest in providing non-profit creative direction, editing, and graphic design of program materials. This position requires a technology systems thinker who is passionate about growing and developing the look and feel of our programmatic work.
- Lead creative direction across True Colors United’s program materials (video, print, and digital assets)
- Develop and implement a programs specific marketing strategy that aligns with the organization's voice and communications strategy.
- Manage and oversee the True Colors Learning Community, including lead the creation, development, and production of curriculum (toolkits and courses) to grow and expand the resources available in the Learning Community.
- Maintain and update existing True Colors Learning Community resources.
- Manage technology consultants to configure online systems (Salesforce, LearnDash, Survey Monkey, etc.) to support remote technical assistance projects.
- Track and analyze Learning Community activities and outcomes to generate reports that will inform overall organizational strategy.
- Support senior staff with on-the-ground technical assistance work as needed.
- Work with senior staff to prepare presentations and other educational materials.
- Attend conferences and onsite convenings as necessary.
- Solid educational background or equivalent work experience (3-5 years or more)
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ youth, racial equity, civil rights, and ending youth homelessness.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing projects.
- Experience working with or knowledge of graphic design software (Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign: Photoshop, and Illustrator).
- Experience with video production and editing software such as Final Cut Pro.
- Experience working with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Experience working with databases such as Salesforce.
- Experience with or knowledge of communications and marketing strategies.
- Detail-oriented and adept at multitasking and planning.
- Comfortable working with various web-based systems.
- Willing to travel a few times per year.
- Willing to work remotely when necessary.
- Willing to adapt, take risks, and embrace failure.
The Associate Program Director position will work out of our New York City office.
Salary is based on experience with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.
True Colors United is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people with lived experiences of homelessness, people of color, people of diverse sexual and gender identities, and women to apply.
To apply please submit a one page cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, and a sample video you have produced/edited to [email protected] In your cover letter, please highlight in particular why you would like to work at True Colors United, otherwise your resume will not be considered.