#TrueColorsDay | What Happens on #TrueColorsDay?
#TrueColorsDay is an opportunity to take united action toward ending LGBTIQ youth homelessness. We’re stronger when we work together. Together, with your help, we’re able to inspire and empower millions across the globe each year.
Here are two simple ways to get involved.
1. Create a “Housing is a Human Right” message.
When we say everyone deserves a safe place to call home, we mean everyone. Housing is a human right. As our world continues to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic, it is more apparent than ever before that housing is one of the most effective types of healthcare.
Now picture this: You wake up the morning of April 27 to find the Internet FLOODED with people of all walks of life and from all across the world – all posting one thing: “Housing is a Human Right.” United we can send a powerful message to governments and leaders that everyone deserves a safe home. No exceptions.
Show your support by creating your own “Housing is a Human Right” message and sharing it online on #TrueColorsDay (Wednesday, April 27). It’s simple:
- Create your “Housing is a Human Right” message. This could be a photo, a video, or simple text. Lean into your strengths and don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Post your message on April 27 using the hashtag #TrueColorsDay. Be sure to wait until April 27 for maximum impact!
2. Create a “Thank You” message.
Frontline workers, service provider staff, and young leaders are working selflessly to help youth experiencing homelessness get the support they need. Help show your appreciation by creating your own “Thank You” message and sharing it online on #TrueColorsDay (Wednesday, April 27). If you’re a service provider currently reading this (surprise, we appreciate you!) consider thanking members of your team, or other folks who inspire and support you in this work.
- Create your “Thank You” message. This could be a photo, a video, or simple text. Lean into your strengths and don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Post your message on April 27 using the hashtag #TrueColorsDay. We want to flood the Internet with these messages to celebrate these amazing people and recognize the selfless work they do. Be sure to wait until April 27 for maximum impact!
Download the #TrueColorsDay Resource Kit.
We put together a kit to help make supporting #TrueColorsDay a piece of cake! Check it out for simple and fun ways to show your support.